Verde Canyon Railroad
Location: Clarkdale, Arizona
Status: Part Time
The Verde Canyon Railroad team is looking for an Bartender/Onboard Train Attendant to help us achieve our goal of exceeding our guests’ expectations.
- Maintain a habitual smile
- Create a fun and entertaining environment with passengers
- Make sure assigned car is clean and well-equipped with excursion essentials
- Maintain a safe environment for passengers
- Communicate interesting facts about the railroad, the area and the history to passengers
- Set-up and serve food and beverages
- Greet and direct passengers at the train station
- Knowledge of basic drink creation and bar functions
- Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated
- Team player; think three musketeers
- Ability to listen and connect with people
- Ability to think through problems and stressful situations
- Capability to stand for a prolonged period on a nonstationary work area
- Retain information quickly
- Understand computers and related technologies
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read, write, and speak English properly
- Commit to promoting a safe working environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a food handlers permit or ability to get one prior to hire
- Able to work any required schedule; weekends and some holidays
- Have transportation to and from work
- Have a professional appearance as dictated by a company dress code
- Wear a mandatory provided uniform
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States. Applicants must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions in English, as well as possess good oral communication skills. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by a standard code of Employee Conduct.
Applications can be obtained on location at the workplace of AZCR/VCRR at 300 North Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ 86324, or email resume to email@example.com.
Due to the safety sensitivity and physical nature of positions in the railroad industry, successful applicants need to be at least 18 years of age and based on the position for which they are applying, may need to be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, walk considerable distance on uneven surfaces, bend and or twist at odd angles, lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. during a shift, and work in outdoor elements such as heat, rain, snow, wind and dust. This description does not contain all job duties or responsibilities. An employee at any time can be assigned a task, within a reasonable scope of the position, which may not be outlined herein as assigned by the general manager.