Concessions – Food Sales and Retail
Verde Canyon Railroad
Location: Clarkdale, Arizona
Status: Seasonal Part Time
The Verde Canyon Railroad, presenting The Magical Christmas Journey™ is looking for outgoing and energetic people who love to see others smile.
- Set-up retail sales and serve food and beverages
- Greet and direct passengers at the train station
- Wear a mandatory, provided costume/uniform
- Maintain a habitual smile
- Create a fun and entertaining environment for passengers
Preferred Position Qualifications
- Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated
- Previous experience in theatrical role playing
- Customer Service experience in a hospitality industry
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Able to read, write, and speak English properly
- Ability to listen and connect with people
- Must have a food handlers permit or ability to get one prior to hire
- Capability to stand for a prolonged period on a non-stationary work area
- Retain information quickly
- Able to work any required schedule; nights and weekends during Christmas holiday – December 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28
- Have transportation to and from work
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States. Applicants must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions in English, as well as possess good oral communication skills. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by a standard code of Employee Conduct.
Applications can be obtained on location at the workplace of Verde Canyon Railroad at 300 North Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ 86324, or email resume to email@example.com.
Due to the safety sensitivity and physical nature of positions in the railroad industry, successful applicants need to be at least 16 years of age and based on the position for which they are applying, may need to be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, walk considerable distance on uneven surfaces, bend and or twist at odd angles, lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. during a shift, and work in outdoor elements such as heat, rain, snow, wind and dust. This description does not contain all job duties or responsibilities. An employee at any time can be assigned a task, within a reasonable scope of the position, which may not be outlined herein as assigned by the general manager.