FACILITIES AND GROUNDS CREW MEMBERS
Verde Canyon Railroad
- Ensures that all the grounds and Buildings are in a clean and inviting manner
- Must have an eye for detail and quality that fulfills the experience designed for our guest
- Create a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for our guests
- Maintain a safe environment for passengers
- Repair and maintenance of grounds, buildings and related equipment
- Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated
- Ability to listen and connect with people
- Ability to think through problems and stressful situations
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, irrigation systems, landscaping, painting, and construction required
- Must be willing to learn to operate in a safe and efficient manner, all equipment and tools associated with maintenance
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Able to work varied hours, weekends and holidays, based on train operating schedule
- Have transportation to and from work
- Commit to promoting a safe working environment
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to walk considerable distance on uneven surfaces, bend and or twist at odd angles and lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. during a shift
- Work in outdoor elements such as heat, rain, snow, wind and dust
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Have a professional appearance as dictated by a Company dress code
- Possess a valid driver’s license
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by a standard code of Employee Conduct.
This description does not contain all job duties or responsibilities. An employee at any time can be assigned a task, within a reasonable scope of the position, which may not be outlined herein as assigned by the general manager.
Applications may be obtained on location at the workplace of Verde Canyon Railroad; 300 North Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ. No phone calls please.