Food & Beverage Manager
Verde Canyon Railroad
Location: Clarkdale, Arizona
The Verde Canyon Railroad team is looking for a Food & Beverage Manager to help us achieve our goal of surpassing our guests’ expectations.
• Maintain a safe environment for guest
• Board passengers, collect tickets, share knowledge and history of the area
• Create impressive non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages
• Serve concession-type food quickly
• Make sure the train is presentable for passengers prior to boarding
• Review dress and appearance of F&B staff prior to service
• Complete a final check of onboard complimentary appetizers and beverage setups
• Report directly to general manager
• Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated
• Enjoy meeting and conversing with people
• Team player; think three musketeers
• Ability to listen and connect with people
• Ability to think through problems and stressful situations
• Capability to stand for a prolonged period in a nonstationary work area
• Retain information quickly
• Understand computers and related technologies
• Supervise two food service locations, ensuring good customer service and experience.
• Support on board train concession and alcohol sales and control.
• Must have basic understanding of opening and closing of small restaurant or lunch counter type of food service operation.
• Capable of keeping track of inventory and reordering of stock as necessary.
• Must have or be able to complete Arizona Food & Beverage Manager’s certification.
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Able to read, write and speak English properly
• Commit to promoting a safe working environment
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Have transportation to and from work
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Able to work weekends and some holidays
• Have a professional appearance as dictated by a Company dress code
• Wear mandatory provided uniform
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States. Applicants must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions in English, as well as possess good oral communication skills. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by a standard code of Employee Conduct.
Applications may be obtained on location at the workplace of Verde Canyon Railroad, 300 North Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ 86324 or by contacting Robin Brean, general manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the safety sensitivity and physical nature of positions in the railroad industry, successful applicants need to be at least 18 years of age and based on the position for which they are applying, may need to be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, walk considerable distance on uneven surfaces, bend and or twist at odd angles, lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. during a shift, and work in outdoor elements such as heat, rain, snow, wind and dust. This description does not contain all job duties or responsibilities. An employee at any time can be assigned a task, within a reasonable scope of the position, which may not be outlined herein as assigned by the general manager.