- Must have experience with a cash register, daily sales sheet, inventory and order forms. Responsibilities may include stocking condiment station and display cases and taking orders.
- Responsibilities may include all stages of food preparation to address grilled entrees and preparation of appetizers for on train consumption.
- Position may be asked to receive deliveries from distributors and track inventory of and stocking items related to kitchen.
- Contribute to maintaining clean stoves, grill, refrigerators, freezers, walk-in cooler and pantry.
- Must maintain and keep clean work area. Kitchen experience is a plus.
- Good customer service interaction required and experience with using a gas grill is a plus.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Able to work early hours, weekends and holidays
- Have transportation to and from work
- Commit to promoting a safe working environment
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to walk considerable distance on uneven surfaces, bend and or twist at odd angles and lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. during a shift
- Work in outdoor elements such as heat, rain, snow, wind and dust
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Have a professional appearance as dictated by a Company dress code
- Possess a valid driver’s license
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States. Applicants must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions in English, as well as possess good oral communication skills. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by a standard code of Employee Conduct.
This description does not contain all job duties or responsibilities. An employee at any time can be assigned a task, within a reasonable scope of the position, which may not be outlined herein as assigned by the general manager.
Applications can be obtained on location at the workplace of Verde Canyon Railroad; 300 North Broadway, Clarkdale AZ. No phone calls please.