Reservations/Customer Service Department
- Answering inbound calls from vendors and customers regarding train reservations and availability
- Greeting customers at front counter
- Printing tickets and daily manifests
- Providing reports and information to other departments as necessary
- Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated
- Ability to listen and connect with people
- Ability to think through problems and stressful situations
- Retain information quickly
- Understand computers and related technologies
- Able to work any required schedule – weekends and some holidays
- Pleasant personality
- Good hygiene and appearance
- Strong people skills
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read, write, and speak English properly
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Have transportation to and from work
- Have a professional appearance as dictated by a company dress code
- Wear a mandatory provided uniform
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by a standard code of Employee Conduct.
This description does not contain all job duties or responsibilities. An employee at any time can be assigned a task, within a reasonable scope of the position, which may not be outlined herein as assigned by the supervisor.
Applications may be obtained on location at the workplace of Verde Canyon Railroad; 300 North Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ. No phone calls please.