ARIZONA’S LONGEST-RUNNING NATURE SHOW
It’s Not the Destination, It’s the Journey
Verde Canyon Railroad is a Southwest adventure that takes passengers on a ride through Arizona’s backcountry, only accessible from the comfort of this train.
This legendary “boutique” attraction allows members of groups an uncommon view of a wildly-wonderful red-rock canyon. The four-hour excursion requires no laborious effort or exertion except by the highly-trained railroad staff who absolutely love what they do. As evidenced by a plethora of positive reviews, they do it very well.
Verde Canyon Railroad is the only excursion train in the Southwest which offers every passenger two seats for the price of one: inside viewing through large panoramic windows in all coaches and 360-degree views from open-air viewing cars accessible from each coach.
As the train passes through a grand canyon, both vantages celebrate incomparable scenery, high-desert flora and fauna, historic trestles, dramatic geology, unusual rock formations and passage through a century-old 680-foot tunnel. Throughout the journey the captivating history of the Verde Canyon and the Railroad unfolds with narration interlaced with a wide genre of popular railroad tunes.
Unequaled Passenger Experience
First-class passage features living room-style seating, while coach-class has historic Pullman-style seating on each side of a center aisle. All cars are climate-controlled, ADA compatible and have restrooms. For four hours, your clients will relax in comfort and style, while riding in mid-century rail cars on a century-old route through an Arizona paradise.
International Group Services
Verde Canyon Railroad is a one-of-a-kind attraction with the ability to deliver a very exclusive personal experience to groups of all sizes.
- One dedicated group coordinator handles all group bookings, making the reservation process smooth and easy.
- Guests are greeted on the bus with an orientation, boarding timeline and a description of the depot grounds and services.
- Very accessible bus parking adjacent to the depot.
- Guests are extended pre-boarding privileges.
- Groups may be as intimate as 6 people in the private caboose, 40 in one luxurious first-class car or 414 passengers commanding the use of the entire train.
- Charters for the entire train may choose their own departure date and time.
- Our in-house catering service can create a memorable culinary experience in addition to our complimentary appetizers included in the first-class fare.
- We acknowledge birthdays, anniversaries or other special celebrations with many options: cake, flowers, decorations, etc..
- Preordered gifts or logo items may be purchased from the Boxcar Gift Store at a discount and personalized with a gift card from your company.
- Bilingual guides, who will enhance the journey, are conveniently available for a small fee.
No cell service, no Internet invasion and no cleanup after the party!
Themed Events and Culinary Experiences
Themed events and culinary experiences can easily be arranged for private groups reserving one coach during any excursion. The menu can easily be expanded from the complimentary appetizers in first-class coaches to fit your group’s demands. Suggestions include:
- Grape Train Escape (wine-tasting)
- Tequila Sunset Limited (tequila-tasting)
- Chocolate Lovers’ Festival (sweet-tasting)
- Ales on Rails (beer-tasting)
Discounts and Commissions
Discounts and/or commissions start at a reduced rate and may vary with volume of bookings.
Site Inspections and Agency Setup
Contact us to book a site inspection which includes a depot tour and train ride (depending on seating availability).
We will gladly add your company data to our list of booking agents for a streamlined reservation process.
Let us help you sell! We have a wealth of eye-catching marketing materials sure to make booking your passengers easy and successful. We are happy to share a range of collateral items including brochures, photo images, posters, DVDs.
Visit Verde Canyon Railroad’s extensive photo and video gallery on Flickr:
Location, Location, Location
Positioned in the heart of Arizona, Verde Canyon Railroad is the premiere group experience alongside the amazing other amenities available to enhance your clients’ Verde Valley itinerary. Featuring world-class lodging, restaurants, boutiques, museums, galleries, wineries, and an abundance of national monuments, state parks and historical sites, the Verde Valley is ideally situated above the heat of the desert and below the cold of Arizona’s high country.
Every season offers a new reason to ride, but the attention to detail for business retreats, incentive or meeting groups never changes. Verde Canyon Railroad promises great service and a great time, every time!
We will look forward to working with you. Sign up with us now!