Help us achieve our goal of surpassing our guests’ expectations.
Direct operations and business functions for a large tourist attraction operating year-round with 70+ employees. Report directly to the general manager.
Responsibilities include supervision of all tourist railroad operations, overseeing daily functions and setting expectations for the operation of customer service, food and beverage centers, maintenance and on-train services.
- Must have previous management experience and a strong knowledge of computers. Will participate in employee scheduling, accounting, project development and reports
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ensures plans and procedures are being established and followed to ensure the safety of customers, the general public, and our employees
- Work to increase revenue through strategic planning
- Improve employee retention through implementation of departmental training, employee recognition and incentive programs
- Implement a guest satisfaction program
- Establish and maintain applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the property
- Maintain a security function to protect the assets of the property and the personal safety of employees and guests
- Maintain two-way communication systems that cross departmental lines to reach all employees
- Develop and/or implement new programs which result in an increased level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence
- Manage in compliance with established company policies and procedures; and local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Computer skills to include all Microsoft products, and become proficient with proprietary reservation, Point of Sale, and other IT systems
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills
- Ability to use analytical skills for measuring internal performance in all departments
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of customers and property management
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and some holidays
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in tourism property management would be a bonus
- Minimum 2 years as a hospitality, event, or tourism property manager or 3 years in a supervisory capacity
- Retails sales knowledge would be a plus
Company provided benefits
Company-paid medical insurance and life insurance for employee and spouse. Additional dependent medical and family dental and vision provided at cost for employees, paid vacation, 401(k) Program, and 9 paid holidays.
General Employment Information
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States. Applicants must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions in English, as well as possess good oral communication skills. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by a standard code of Employee Conduct.
Due to the safety sensitivity and physical nature of positions in this industry, successful applicants need may need to be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, walk considerable distance on uneven surfaces, bend and or twist at odd angles, lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. during a shift, and work in outdoor elements such as heat, rain, snow, wind and dust. This description does not contain all job duties or responsibilities. An employee at any time can be assigned a task, within a reasonable scope of the position, which may not be outlined herein as assigned by upper management.
Applications can be filled out at the Verde Canyon Railroad Depot – 300 N. Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ 86324. Applications can be downloaded online at https://verdecanyonrr.com/?elementor_library=job-application. Inquiries can be made at 928-639-0010 – Megan Melton.