Daily supervision of all tourist railroad operations, overseeing daily functions and setting expectations for the operation of customer service, food and beverage centers, maintenance and on-train services.
- Previous management experience in face to face, people-driven business
- Will participate in employee scheduling, accounting, project development and reports
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ensures plans and procedures are being established and followed to ensure the safety of customers, the general public, and our employees
- Work to increase revenue through strategic planning
- Improve employee retention through implementation of departmental training, employee recognition and incentive programs
- Implement a guest satisfaction program
- Establish and maintain applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the property
- Maintain a security function to protect the assets of the property and the personal safety of employees and guests
- Maintain two-way communication systems that cross departmental lines to reach all employees
- Develop and/or implement new programs which result in an increased level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence
- Manage in compliance with established company policies and procedures; and local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and some holiday
Customer Service “specific” Responsibilities
- Oversee reservation agents and work closely with marketing, accounting and train operations
- Assign projects, daily responsibilities for reservation staff
- Create department work schedules
- Create and oversee team building projects and incentive programs
- Seating of train cars – working with on-train supervisor
- Observation, training, and education of reservation staff
- Analysis of reservation staff sales, processes and daily/weekly reports
- Request any additional materials that will promote in-house revenue growth
- Providing reports and information to other departments, as necessary
- To be a Gracious Diplomatic Negotiator for any unhappy passengers that may ride the Verde Canyon Railroad
- Strong computer skills to include all Microsoft products, and become proficient with proprietary reservation system, Point of Sale, and other IT systems
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills
- Ability to use analytical skills for measuring internal performance in all departments
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of customers and property management
- Minimum 2 years as a hospitality, event, or tourism property manager or 3 years in a supervisory capacity
- Retails sales knowledge would be a plus Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated
- Ability to listen and connect with people
- Ability to think through problems and stressful situations
- Retain information quickly
- Strong people skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in tourism property management would be a bonus
Report directly to the general manager
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by a standard code of Employee Conduct.
This description does not contain all job duties or responsibilities. An employee at any time can be assigned a task, within a reasonable scope of the position, which may not be outlined herein as assigned by the supervisor.
Applications may be obtained on location at the workplace of Verde Canyon Railroad; 300 North Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ. No phone calls please.